What you will need to join the agency


  • Registered Nurse or Midwife - Recent acute care hospital experience is required – if your prior experience is in a day surgery or clinic this will not be sufficient. For a recent graduate your post graduate experience should be a minimum of at least one to two years full time (FTE) experience (in an acute care environment).
  • Assistant In Nursing (AIN)
    • Undergraduate – you have successfully completed you first year of study and are enrolled in your second year of your studies.
    • Certificate III – Certificate III must be in Health Services Assistance (HSA) and you must have prior paid experience working as an AIN. We look favourably on overseas registered nurses who have previously worked in an acute care hospital overseas and hold the required Certificate III qualification.
  • Carer – Certificate III in individual Support with experience in aged care sector. If you are from overseas, experience in the Aged Care sector and a qualification broadly equivalent to a Certificate III in individual Support.
  • Overseas Nurse

Pre-Employment Checks and Forms

Supporting Documentation and Checks

  • Completed Access Nursing Application Form.
  • CV or Resume
    • Layout your employment history, experience and qualifications clearly.
    • Explain any gaps in your employment history.
  • Australian National Criminal History Record Check (NCHRC)
    • If it is more than three years since you obtained your Police Check you will have to obtain a new one.
    • If it is more than three months since you obtained your Police Check you will have to sign a Statutory Declaration stating that you have not had any criminal convictions (pending or otherwise) since you obtained your police check.
    • To obtain a Police Check, options include applying online with NSW Police and verifying your ID at a Police station or visiting an Australia Post Office with your documentation and lodging your application with them. It usually takes about five to ten days to receive your certificate.
  • NSW Working with Children Check
    • Your NSW Working with Children check should be for paid work not volunteer work. All we need is your number; the agency will confirm that you are currently cleared. Interstate checks will not be accepted.
    • You can apply for one with Children’s Guardian and you will have to subsequently verify your ID at a NSW Customer Service Centre.
  • Referees
    • Names and contact details of two referees who have supervised your work.
    • Please ensure that your referees have agreed to provide a reference. If we are having trouble contacting them, we will ask for your help to get this step completed.
  • 100 Point ID check
    • Please read the checklist for acceptable documents to prove your ID.
  • Evidence of Right to Work in Australia
    • If you are an Australian Citizen this can be either your Birth Certificate or your Citizenship Certificate.
    • If you are not an Australian citizen, please produce your passport (not a copy). We will verify your visa with VEVO.
  • Statements of Service
    • Any certificates from your employer(s) verifying you experience and pay level.
    • Transcript of your Mandatory Training record.
  • Qualifications/Certificates
    • Registered Nurse/Midwife/Enrolled Nurse.
      • AHPRA Registration number. Please advise the agency of any notation on your right to practise (e.g. Solely qualified in the area of mental health nursing).
    • AIN
      • Nursing student – evidence of successful completion of first year of nursing degree and enrolment in second year of nursing degree, or: Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Acute Care).
    • Carer
      • Certificate III in Individual support or Working Holiday Visa holder with overseas healthcare experience. You must have a current Australian First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003). There are many course providers available. Two that are close to the City are Australia Wide First Aid and CBD College.


  • Banking details: Name of Bank, BSB and account number
  • Tax File Number (TFN) You should have a TFN so that the appropriate tax is deducted from your pay.
  • Completed ATO Tax File declaration Form.
  • Superannuation
    • In addition to your wages and amount equivalent to 9.5% of your pretax wages (called Super guarantee contribution or SGC) is required to be paid by your emplyer into a superannuation fund of your choice.
    • Most of our staff are with Hesta or First State Super but there are many different funds to choose from. The choice is yours. If you want to join a fund go to the website of your chosen fund and apply online – once you have your TFN. The Agency will need the name of your fund and the membership number of your current or new fund when you join the Agency.


  • Vaccination record compliant with NSW Health Standards. Please read the attached table.
  • Many overseas nurses will not have a dTpa vaccination –get one before you leave if necessary.
  • You must have evidence of the appropriate age-related vaccination for Hepatitis B – normally three doses. If you do not have a record you will be required to sign a Statutory Declaration stating that you have received the required vaccinations.

Nurses from Overseas

We are a reputable agency: We only hire and place appropriately qualified and experienced nurses – we have a strong reputation to maintain.


Good opportunities for Midwives or Registered Nurses with experience in ICU, HDU or Mental Health (acute).

Send Us Your CV

Click here to upload your CV and we will contact you if your qualifications and experience match our current job opportunities.