What is the difference between an AIN and a Carer?

A nursing assistant works under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse who is accountable for the work of the AIN

A Carer generally performs tasks that fall under the heading of assistance with ‘Activities in Daily Living (ADL’s)’, domestic duties or companionship.

The Agency has limited opportunities to work as an AIN in public and private hospitals.

Applicants must be either

  • Enrolled as a 3rd year nursing undergrad or;
  • Enrolled as a 2nd year nursing undergrad and have prior experience overseas working as a registered nurse in an acute care setting (not a clinic or day surgery).
  • Have a Cert III in Health Services Assistance NOT in Individual Support and have prior experience working in an acute care setting.

For work as a Carer, the Agency has a small number of private clients located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The work usually involves working a twelve-hour day or night shift.

This work is well suited to overseas nurses awaiting their AHPRA Registration or those that have at least two years’ experience working in aged care facilities or Nursing Homes in the UK or Ireland.

To work as Carer, you must have a current Australian First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003).

We recruit to our pool of AIN’s and Carer’s on an ‘as needed basis’ so please don’t be disappointed if we are unable to consider your application to join the Agency.

Please read ‘Our Recruitment Process’ and ‘What you will need to join the Agency’.

Send Us Your CV

Click here to upload your CV and we will contact you if your qualifications and experience match our current job opportunities.