Nurses from Overseas

All nursing staff from overseas require a valid visa for paid work in Australia. Please note: the agency does not offer sponsorship as we cannot guarantee ongoing work with our hospitals.

Work as a Registered Nurse in Australia

  • You must be registered with AHPRA. We strongly recommend that you complete your application and obtain your registration prior to entering Australia. Please ensure you have the required minimum level of experience if you wish to work as an agency nurse even if you have your AHPRA registration. Please contact the agency if you are in doubt about what experience is required. To work, you will require an Australian Police Check even if you have previously obtained an International Check. Please check your immunisation record against the NSW Health standards. Many nurses require an additional immunisation for dTpa (Boostrix) as this may not be on your vaccination schedule.
  • Please advise the Agency of any notations associated with your Registration such as ‘Solely qualified in the area of mental health nursing’.

AHPRA Registration

  • Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Internationally qualified nurses and midwives
  • Before you apply
  • Self check portfolio
  • Examination
  • Registration

Work as an Assistant in Nursing (AIN)

  • To work as an AIN, you must hold an Australian qualification - Certificate III.
    • Acute care hospital – Cert III in Health Services Assistance.
    • Nursing Home or Aged Care – Cert III in individual Support.
  • Overseas qualifications are not recognised but some Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) may be able to offer you the option of converting your overseas qualification into an equivalent Certificate III. This process is called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) but it can be an expensive exercise.

Backpackers or Working Holiday Visa holders

  • We have work across our hospitals for Registered Nurses who have obtained their AHPRA registration.
  • If you do not have AHPRA registration, you may be able to work as a Carer with our Private Clients (we only hire on an ‘as needed basis’). This all depends on your prior healthcare experience. The opportunities are close to Bondi and Bondi Junction.
  • To work as Carer, you must have a current Australian First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003) an Australian Police Check and have documentation of an annual flu vaccination (specific for Australia – due July 1 each year).
  • If hold one of these visa’s you can work with the Agency for more than six months provided that you do not work for any client of the Agency for more than six months.  A six months period will start from the date of your first shift with that client.

Where to live in Sydney

  • If you want to maximise your opportunity for work then we suggest you live close to the rail network as many hospitals are nearby to a train station. If you want a beach lifestyle then join all the backpackers at Bondi Beach. However, access to the NSW public transport is not as good as say, Bondi Junction. Suburbs further to the west or south of the City are cheaper to live in but obviously further away from the coast.

Send Us Your CV

Click here to upload your CV and we will contact you if your qualifications and experience match our current job opportunities.