Nurses from Overseas
All nursing staff from overseas require a valid visa for paid work in Australia. Please note: the agency does not offer sponsorship as we cannot guarantee ongoing work with our hospitals.
Work as a Registered Nurse in Australia
- You must be registered with AHPRA. We strongly recommend that you complete your application and obtain your registration prior to entering Australia. Please ensure you have the required minimum level of experience if you wish to work as an agency nurse even if you have your AHPRA registration. Please contact the agency if you are in doubt about what experience is required. To work, you will require an Australian Police Check even if you have previously obtained an International Check. Please check your immunisation record against the NSW Health standards. Many nurses require an additional immunisation for dTpa (Boostrix) as this may not be on your vaccination schedule.
- Please advise the Agency of any notations associated with your Registration such as ‘Solely qualified in the area of mental health nursing’.
Just completed a Bridging or IRON Course?
- If you have at least two or three years’ experience (FTE) working overseas in a large acute care hospital (not a clinic or day surgery) please send in your CV. We have successfully placed a small number of overseas nurses who have completed a bridging course to work in our hospitals. However, the quality and duration of your overseas experience are the key determinants in any decision to place you.
Work as an Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- To work as an AIN, you must hold an Australian qualification - Certificate III.
- Acute care hospital – Cert III in Health Services Assistance.
- Nursing Home or Aged Care – Cert III in individual Support.
- Overseas qualifications are not recognised but some Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) may be able to offer you the option of converting your overseas qualification into an equivalent Certificate III. This process is called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) but it can be an expensive exercise.