VISA Information


All overseas residents will need a visa to legally work in Australia. Nurses are very much in demand in Australia, and the Australian Department of Immigration has options specifically designed for your skills.

Here are a couple of points to get you started:

Working Holiday Visa

One of the most popular options for working in Australia temporarily is the Working Holiday Visa. This allows travellers to work casually for up to 6 months at a time with any one employer whilst still holidaying around Australia. The first working holiday visa is valid for one year, but it can be extended to two years (or a second visa) if you partake in seasonal work in a regional Australian area. This type of work includes fruit picking for example.

This visa is open to citizens of countries such as the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Japan, Italy, Finland and Germany to name a few.

To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa the applicant needs to have a valid passport and be aged between 18 and 30.

Sponsorship, Skilled Migration, Student Visas

There is helpful information on the various types of visas accessible to Nurses on the Department of Immigration website. Following is a link that you can peruse for the different choices.

Click Here